Prepared update not found: /var/lib/-PackageKit/prepared-update

I wanted to update softwares from package manager(GUI) and i am getting this error I tried updating it from terminal and it went sucessfull but error remains the same . I tried restarting it and nothing is happening and i am getting the error.
How do i fix it??

How do i fix it?

Hello @ryanoppa

While your query lacks the specifics of the error message you received, I’ll provide a general approach to troubleshooting package management issues in Ubuntu based on the information given.

1. Reading Package Logs: Often, when the GUI package manager fails, it’s due to unmet dependencies, broken packages, or conflicts between packages. To understand the root cause, you can inspect the logs. Check the logs located in /var/log/apt/term.log for any error messages or details about the issue.

2. Update and Upgrade via Terminal: You’ve mentioned that the update was successful via the terminal. However, to ensure that all software and packages are updated, run the following commands:

sudo apt update
    sudo apt upgrade

3. Fix Broken Packages: Sometimes, if packages get interrupted during installation or have dependencies that aren’t resolved, they can get into a “broken” state. To try and fix broken packages, you can run:

sudo apt --fix-broken install

4. Clean Cache: The APT package manager keeps a cache of previously downloaded packages. Clearing this cache can sometimes resolve issues:

sudo apt clean

5. Reconfigure Package Database: If your package database got corrupted, you can reconfigure it using:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

6. Reinstall Package Manager: If you are using a GUI package manager like “Synaptic” and it’s giving errors, consider reinstalling it:

sudo apt-get --reinstall install synaptic

7. Check for External Repositories: Sometimes, external repositories or PPAs can be the cause of package conflicts. You can check for all added repositories in the /etc/apt/sources.list file and the files inside /etc/apt/sources.list.d/. If you suspect a particular PPA is causing the issue, you can remove it using the sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:ppa_name/ppa command.

8. Logs and Error Messages: If none of the above solutions work, the exact error message or log output would be critical for further troubleshooting. It’s beneficial to provide this when seeking help.

Lastly, remember to always backup important data before making significant changes to your system.